The Beehive is largely funded by small donations from the grassroots. We make most of our honey when we’re out on tour, pollinating with our posters and stories, but are filled with gratitude when folks help us out by sending a donation (big or small) our way.
You can donate online here or send checks made out to The Beehive Collective to 101 Court St, Machias, ME 04654. The Beehive is a federally recognized 501c3 Non-Profit. Our EIN number is 30-0325915 for your tax-exempt donations. Just let us know if you need a receipt!
Donations don’t always take the form of cash. We are also super appreciative of folks who host us as we travel, hook us up with items on our wish list, send us loving or helpful thoughts and suggestions about our efforts, or volunteer their time and skills.
These are some things the Beehive is on the lookout for. They can be donated via mail, by visiting us in Maine, by catching us at an upcoming event, or through some other arrangement. If you have something that isn’t included on the list, drop us a line. Donations are tax deductible! Please contact us for more information or to discuss logistics.
Illustration and Printing
– Ergonomic chairs, or massage and dental chairs that support you while leaning forward
– Flat files
– 11″x17″ or larger scanner
– Printing donations or discounts, especially copies
– Full spectrum and compact fluorescent light bulbs
– Printing supplies and equipment of all types
– Old or new letterpress typesets
– Mat board and archival framing and storage supplies
– Political, environmental, nature and illustration books for our research library
Media and Events
– Whole or parts of a P.A. system and stage lights for our cultural center!
– Movie screen
– High quality microphone(s)
– A digital projector
– Popcorn Machine
– Vehicles to use for touring (even ol’ bessie on her last legs is helpful!)
-Plane, bus, or train ticket vouchers or discounts
-Art supplies of all kinds for our hands-on workshops
– Scaffolding and ladders
– Respirator masks and filters
– Welding mask and other welding safety equipment
– Bike tools
– Firewood and lumber
– Multiples of gardening and demolition tools for our community service projects